Summer Hair Care Tips for Fine Hair – Avoid Summer Damage!
We all need to pay attention to summer hair care tips for fine hair! How to find help for fine hair and keep it healthy during the summer heat, humidity, salt, sand and chlorine? The glossy magazine photos of a pouty, sultry, barely-twenty-something walking the beach in an outfit that cost more than your car, with softly flowing hair, curling tendrils framing her face, unsullied by wind or sun…well, you get the idea.
Fact is, that simply doesn’t exist for anyone, much less for those of us with baby fine or thin hair.
Typically, the sun and wind will wreak havoc on fine hair. It doesn’t matter if it’s long or short, curly or straight. It usually ends up dry, tangled, and damaged. There are steps you can take to care for your fine hair during the summer:
- Protect it with a hat as often as you can – especially if you have color or highlights!
- Use a gentle shampoo made for fine hair
- If you’re planning a long day at the beach or in the water, put conditioner in your hair and leave it there. Depending upon your hairstyle, you can comb it back in a chic, sleek style if it’s short, or in a simple ponytail if it’s long enough.
- Deep condition regularly with a serious conditioner such as Redken’s Extreme Deep Fuel.
- Use heated styling tools as little as possible. Hair dryers, curling irons or hot rollers can all take a break during those hot summer months.
Finding and using the right products, tools and techniques for avoiding summer damage will go a long way toward maintaining healthy, vibrant fine hair. Enjoy your summer! Take care of your fine hair, and plan on a haircut – or at least a trim – at the end of the season!